Saturday, August 13, 2016

L'Orèal Cushion Foundation & Cushion De Soleil Bronzer



So this summer I have been hearing a lot of hype about L'Orèal Cushion Foundation & Cushion De Soleil Bronzer, as I'm sure most of the rest of you have too. Being the makeup addict that I am, I couldn't let a trend like this go un-purchased, so I went ahead and decided to try both of these products.




So, before I go into what I think about the product itself, I have to say something about the price because if you do see this product in the chemists, you will notice that it probably the most expensive foundation in there. The RRP for both the foundation and the bronzer in Boots is currently €22 and the amount of product you receive in both cases is 14.6g. 

Given that L'Orèal True Match foundation retails for €14.99 for 30ml, this is quite a hefty price tag for what you get. In saying that you can get quite good deals in both boots and Superdrug, with 3 for 2 offers on quite frequently. Superdrug are currently running a promotion of £5 off these products for health and beauty card holders online, which can also be combined with their 3 for 2 offers (this is what I did, I love a bargain!!)




Now that we have that out of way, I LOVE these products!! The colour I got in the foundation was Porcelain 1 which is the lightest shade and although in the swatch above it appears too light, believe me, my face is much lighter than my hand, so its a perfect match. A hidden gem which many people might not notice, because its identified on the back of the packaging, is that the foundation actually has an SPF of 29. 

The coverage is light but build-able and it goes on so smoothly, giving a dewy finish that's not too shiny in oily areas. I find the bronzer is the perfect shade to warm up the face but also create structure, which is hard to find, and that it blends out really easily leaving no harsh lines. For application I don't use the sponge provided, so I'm not sure how well that would work, instead, I use a synthetic buffer brush and I find it applies wonderfully, 

So to some up, would I recommend these? 100%, but I do think they are quite expensive compared to other products on the market. Would I buy them again, yes....if they were on offer!

Have you tried either of these products? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...